lunes, 15 de marzo de 2021

Later by Stephen King

 

LaterLater by Stephen King
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

[Español mas abajo]

I always get excited about King's new releases, but with Later I must confess the title threw me off; on top of that, being such a short novel made me keep my expectations low. If you read the bookjacket you'll instantly think: Oh! this is just a "I also see dead people" story; it's not. It's been said that "Good artists copy; great artists steal."... Well, then King has stolen "I see dead people" from "The Sixth Sense" forever.

Jamie Conklin, not only sees dead people, they talk to him, but they can only tell the truth. A detective woman who is also sweet on Jamie's mom forces him to solve crimes, but no good deed goes unpunished; later Jamie will have to pay with sweat and tears.

Later is a classic King's story with great characters, a fantastic original plot, a bit predictable, but highly enjoyable at 250 pages long. You'll like it a lot

Siempre me emociono con los nuevos lanzamientos de King, pero con Later debo confesar que el título me desconcertó; Además de eso, al ser una novela tan corta me hizo mantener bajas mis expectativas. Si lees la solapa, pensarás instantáneamente: ¡Oh! esta es solo una historia de "Yo también veo gente muerta"; no lo es. Se ha dicho que "los buenos artistas copian; los grandes artistas roban" ... Bueno, entonces King se ha robado el "Veo gente muerta" de "Sexto Sentido" para siempre.

Jamie Conklin, no solo ve gente muerta, le hablan y... ¡Solo pueden decir la verdad! Una detective que anda noviando con la madre de Jamie le obliga a ayudarle con resolver crímenes, pero ninguna buena acción queda impune; más tarde Jamie tendrá que pagar con sudor y lágrimas.

"Later" es una historia clásica de King con grandes personajes, una trama original fantástica, un poco predecible, pero muy disfrutable durante las 250 páginas. Les encantará.


View all my reviews

No hay comentarios: