viernes, 26 de febrero de 2021

REAMDE by Neal Stephenson

 

Reamde
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

It's definetly not my favourite Neal Stephenson book. I had great expectations after reading Snowcrash and Fall; or, Dodge in Hell. However I see great potential for a TV series here; plot is not very thick nor complex and it has quite enough exciting/thrilling scenes.

The niece of the owner of the biggest and meanest online game company get's involved with the russian mafia to track the hackers responsible for a ransomware computer virus named "Reamde". The search takes this multi-national and diverse group all around the world and the online universe, to chase the hackers.

I thought the prose was a bit long, but it has ups and downs that makes it quite bearable. Perhaps if some of the charachters weren't known to me from "Fall", which seems to be a sequel of this book, I would've been less anxious and might have enoyed it much better.

View all my reviews

No hay comentarios: