martes, 30 de marzo de 2021

Signal to Noise by Silvia Moreno-Garcia

 

Signal to NoiseSignal to Noise by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

[En Español abajo]

I guess this was intended as a young adult read in the style of Twilight or Harry Potter series; but then there's all those references to late 80's pop culture that hooked me on. The first chapters were a bit slow and trite; I kept going mostly out of nostalgia, since I relate to the ages and era of the protagonists Meche and Sebos. The story unfolds quite well half way through the book and wraps up succesfully.

Meche, Sebos and Daniela are a trio of teenage outcasts that find a way of casting magic spells through music, but magic comes at a price that will mark their lives for 20 years.

If you are a young at heart like me in your 40's you'll enjoy this story very much; at 249 pages it's a great over the weekend read. I enjoyed it a lot, it made me look back in youtube for music I hadn't listened in years.

[Español]
Supongo que este  libro fue pensado para el segmento adulto joven, leído al estilo de Crepúsculo o Harry Potter; pero luego están todas esas referencias a la cultura pop de finales de los 80 que me engancharon. Los primeros capítulos fueron un poco lentos y trillados; Seguí leyendo casi por  nostalgia, ya que me relacioné con las edades y época de los protagonistas Meche y Sebos. La historia se desarrolla bastante bien hacia la mitad del libro y termina exitosamente.

Meche, Sebos y Daniela son un trío de adolescentes marginados que encuentran la manera de lanzar hechizos mágicos a través de la música, pero la magia tiene un precio que marcará sus vidas durante 20 años.

Si eres un joven de corazón como yo en tus 40, disfrutarás mucho esta historia; en 249 páginas es una gran lectura durante el fin de semana. Lo disfruté mucho, me hizo buscar en YouTube música que no había escuchado en años.

View all my reviews

No hay comentarios: